NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Season's Greetings!
Dec 25th, 2013 at 10:57am

To All

So, depending on your season traditions--wishing everyone a happy holiday, season's greetings, and Merry Christmas--hope you can enjoy the gatherings of family and friends (I know that can be *interesting* at times--especially with family!)

xmastree1_001.JPG (65 KB | 601 )
xmastree1_001.JPG

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Christer
Übermensch

Sweden

Re: Season's Greetings!
Reply #1 - Dec 26th, 2013 at 1:12pm

Right back at you ... Smiley ... !

/Christer

Old chinese proverb:
If I hear - I forget, If I see - I remember, If I do - I understand

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #2 - Dec 30th, 2013 at 2:27pm

thanks, bro.

found myself in a hotel room on new years day, alone.

a new experience. not worth retelling the long story that goes with it.

isnt that the same picture of a tree from last year?

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #3 - Dec 31st, 2013 at 9:36am

@
Rad

Quote:
isnt that the same picture of a tree from last year?

Hmmm....busted!  Yes, I'm guilty of *re-gifting* my christmas tree picture!  I use it as my background on my desktop monitor, and it was the easiest picture to grab when I was in a hurry, and posting on Christmas day!

Quote:
found myself in a hotel room on new years day, alone.

Are we talking *last new years*?  Or, did you substitute *new years* when you meant *christmas* by accident?

Well, I won't admit to how many times I have done something like that--oh, I guess I just did!  Years ago, I was asked to play Santa Claus for a group of parents that had a 20-30 member group that did play group exchanges--sharing activities that allowed other parents to have a little time off while they socialized their young ones.  (Is that still done by parents--it's been a long time......)

Anyway, did the whole red suit and white beard and wig thing, and as I was leaving--did the ho, ho--but instead of *merry christmas*, I blurted out *happy thanksgiving*!  (In my defense, I think we had just celebrated thanksgiving the week prior, and it was still fresh in my mind for some reason--and I guess in the excitement of the moment of playing Santa....!) 

Well, did as fast a recovery as I could muster, saying * and merry christmas, and a happy new year!*.  I don't think the kids noticed, but I could see the quizzical looks on the parents' faces.  Later, I got much kidding, and we all had a good laugh--well, at least the moment was memorable to all--for various reasons--  Embarrassed --how embarrassing!

Thanks Rad for causing that memory to re-surface  Smiley , but sorry to hear you spent that morning alone!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #4 - Dec 31st, 2013 at 7:48pm

christmas, yes.

a disorienting experience .. see what i mean? =)

"happy thanksgiving" .. that's funny. made me laugh.

i am kinda proud of myself that i remembered the tree.

it's a great shot.

isnt that your backyard?

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #5 - Jan 11th, 2014 at 10:31pm

@
Rad

Quote:
isnt that your backyard?

Well, there could be a corner where a similar shot could be made--it looks a lot like the woods that surround us, but no--I found that shot on the web a couple years ago--can't take credit for being that good a photographer--darn.

However, about every ten years or so, we do get a big snowfall in the Puget Sound area that might make things look like that--but that amount of snow is more likely in the Cascade foothills or higher!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print