Old chinese proverb:
If I hear - I forget, If I see - I remember, If I do - I understand

IP Logged

Tator
Technoluster

I Love Radified!

Re: macrium reflect
Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2016 at 10:30am

A few days ago I tried the free version, but it failed to build the image needed to create bootable USB device or to create ISO to burn to CD/DVD.  More details on this problem are at http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/368707-free-application-to-clone-1-drive-to-a... beginning about half way down the first page. if anyone's interested in the details about the problem.

IP Logged

Tator
Technoluster

I Love Radified!

Reply #3 - Nov 20th, 2019 at 4:35pm

Recently I changed sata mode in bios from IDE to AHCI after I found ACHI drivers for WinXP for my mobo.  Without those drivers WinXP will boot only if sata mode is set to IDE, and I dual boot Win10/WinXP.

I decided to give Macrium Reflect another try, and the image compiled to create rescue media with no problem.  I don't know is the compile problems were because sata mode needs to be set to AHCI for Macrium Reflect to work properly or perhaps the latest Macrium Reflect version fixed the problem. 

I did a test to compare Macrium Reflect and EaseUS Todo Backup.  I used EaseUS Todo Backup to create a backup image of a Dell laptop to an external hard drive, and it took 2 hours and 50 minutes to complete. Then I used Macrium Reflect to perform the same task, and it took only 25 minutes to complete. Also the EaseUS Todo Backup image used 90GB of disk space versus 36.5GB of disk space for the Macrium Reflect image. I’m not sure why EaseUS uses so much more space, but I suspect it may be EaseUS must compress free space on the disk as well as the data space while Reflect compresses only the data space. Both programs were run from the rescue media to create the images

IP Logged

Christer
Übermensch

Sweden

Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 3:33am

Tator, thanks for the feedback. Nice to see that the good old RADIFIED forum has not been rendered totally redundant!

Old chinese proverb:
If I hear - I forget, If I see - I remember, If I do - I understand

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print