Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Strange behaviour in BIBM (Read 21678 times)
OldCasper
Technoluster

I Love Ghost!

Florida, USA

Re: Strange behaviour in BIBM
Reply #15 - Feb 22nd, 2017 at 9:31am

Brian wrote on Nov 19th, 2016 at 9:31pm:
@
mariella
We certainly differ. My image backups are never manual and always online. Never offline. I continue to use the computer during the backup imaging process, which is running in the background without the GUI appearing.
I don't regard restores as risky so I'm happy with automated restores. Even restores at 3 AM (while I'm asleep) from a Scheduled Task.

Sorry, I know this is an OLD thread, but, I just read it and you've tweaked my curiosity.

With everything (backup & restore) On-Line, how do you recover from a hard drive Crash, or Someone Steals your PC?
In the above scenario, I'm assuming that you have only one PC.*

* I won't even address the in-advisability of doing an automated restore @ 3AM, to a perfectly good PC, or why you'd even leave your PC ON while you sleep. Undecided

I have many backups, all done with Ghost 11.5, and all my info is right here, where I can quickly access it, if needed.  I'll never be DOWN for any more than a few minutes, regardless of what happens to my PC or Hard Drive.

Curious in FL

Cool

A man with experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Strange behaviour in BIBM
Reply #16 - Feb 22nd, 2017 at 3:09pm

OldCasper wrote on Feb 22nd, 2017 at 9:31am:
or Someone Steals your PC?

We have a similar situation at present. The motherboard failed in my son's computer about a month ago. It's a warranty job and Asus still haven't fixed it. His OS was Win10 installed in UEFI mode so an image was restored to one of our spare computers and he is up and running again, with all his games. The restore to different hardware was done with TeraByte OSD Tool Suite (which can remove the old installed drivers). As that computer had previously run an activated Win10 his restored Win10 is also activated.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print