Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dell Inspiron3000 Laptop Display Problem (Read 6734 times)
techwannabe
N00b

Yes, I'm Stuck Again!

Brookings-Harbor, Oregon

Dell Inspiron3000 Laptop Display Problem
Aug 23rd, 2001 at 2:20am

User says he attampted an HP scanner install on his Dell Inspiron3000 laptop running win98se but was unsuccessful then disconnected and uninstalled scanner hardware and software. since these actions the laptop boots up in default vga mode (not win safe mode) and reports a 'NeoMagic display I/O problem' and claims that another device is conflicting with it however in the conflicting device window there is nothing listed.
is there some remnant associated with the failed scanner install and config still in the system? if so i cannot seem to find it. tried removing device and all drivers and restarted with hope that it would find it's original drivers and but comes back up in same condition. conflicting I/O device.
how do i clean this up?

bornonjan16  
IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: Dell Inspiron3000 Laptop Display Problem
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2001 at 3:43pm

wannabe,

have said user restore his/her back-up image. should take only a few minutes, and all will be well. here's help:

http://ghost.radified.com/ghost_3.htm

if said user does not have a back-up image, then educate them to the joys of using ghost. send 'em here:

http://ghost.radified.com/ghost_1.htm

IP Logged

Megaduce
Ex Member

Re: Dell Inspiron3000 Laptop Display Problem
Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2001 at 1:14pm

Hello here is a few thing that you can try doing but first let say if you or the user DO NOt have any knowledge of using the registry please DO NOT attempt without first BACKING UP THE REGISTRY. you can search the registry files relating to the scanner software or drivers and remove them Individually close registry editor and go to device manaager and uninstall your Neomagic Display Driver make sure you have the lates Neomagic Display Drivers if dont you should first go to httpp://www.dell.com and have your serial number on hand you find it on the bottom of the machine also downlod the latest Bios update save them in a safe place and resart the PC and have the bios update floppy in the floppy dive after you have extracted the files  of course apply the bios update and restart the Pc by the way make sure you dont power cycle the pc while you're applying the bios update make sure it is plugged in to a ups and that the battery is fully charged just in case of some unfortunate power cut in your area. if you are still getting a I/O conflict after all of that (inside Joke this is a JOKE MAN !!!)then do this restart the Pc in DOS Mode and go to the command prompt and type format C:\  /q. then hit the enter key HE hE he he he Smiley:)Smiley:) goodluck dude   
techwannabe wrote on Aug 23rd, 2001 at 2:20am:
User says he attampted an HP scanner install on his Dell Inspiron3000 laptop running win98se but was unsuccessful then disconnected and uninstalled scanner hardware and software. since these actions the laptop boots up in default vga mode (not win safe mode) and reports a 'NeoMagic display I/O problem' and claims that another device is conflicting with it however in the conflicting device window there is nothing listed.
is there some remnant associated with the failed scanner install and config still in the system? if so i cannot seem to find it. tried removing device and all drivers and restarted with hope that it would find it's original drivers and but comes back up in same condition. conflicting I/O device.
how do i clean this up?
[color=Red][/color]

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print