Send Topic Print
MS Word Problem (Read 6396 times)
techwannabe
N00b

Yes, I'm Stuck Again!

Brookings-Harbor, Oregon

MS Word Problem
Aug 23rd, 2001 at 2:35am

when attempting to open it from it's desktop icon (.exe) MS Word throws out an hourglass that seems to last forever then reports an illeg oper error , however when executing an already created Word document the program opens quickly with no hesitation or errors.
user had 2 separate instances of Word running on her system, one within MS Works Suite and the other within MS Office 2000.
uninstalled both and reinstalled MS Office, and same problem exists and now a registration error is reported and app will not open from it'a exe. However it still opens when spawned from the opening of an existing .doc.
does this need a registry clean or fix? 

bornonjan16  
IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: MS Word Problem
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2001 at 4:11pm

IP Logged

Megaduce
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2001 at 9:41pm

Hey dude if you're still having this problem with MS Word Roll Eyes
execute the file and when the illegal operation pops up then click onto the details button and highlight the message eror and send a copy of it to me and I can find problem for you and then send you the solution also if you have access to technet then run the first two lines of the error message in technet and I'm sure that you will find a solution to the problem there if you dont send me a copy of the error then I've seen that before but cant put my fingers on the fix right now though  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

LoTGoD

Reply #3 - May 19th, 2002 at 4:48am

ever consider a full format and re-install?  May fix many-a-problem.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print