Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost 2003 queries! (Read 1716 times)
Gnarly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ghost 2003 queries!
Sep 6th, 2005 at 12:57am

Hi there,

• Have some questions/grey areas regarding Ghost 2003, image creation & restoration.
• I have win xp pro e sp2 & office xp with all their updates installed.
• When ever I make a fresh install create an image using PC DOS.
• Before creating an image follow all the precautions like running antivirus/ spy ware software, defrag, emptying windows Prefetch folder etc.
• I use diskeeper pro as defragmenter software.
• Recently was having some issues with Internet Explorer so decided to restore the earlier fresh image, that was created before any customizations/ changes/ tweaks that were made to the OS.
• To my surprise the issue persisted.
• Any step that am not following regarding image creation & restoration?
• Diskeeper after restoring the image places the paging file etc on different positions on drive map, not where they were earlier? Does it have any significance?
• What really does MFT mean? Is there a formula to configure its size?
• Cause this software despite Boot time defrag, gives a message on the RELAIBILTY STAUS that the computer reliability is severely affected on this volume.
• “MFT usage is 99% of total MFT size meaning that it shall become easily fragmented.” What actually/technically does happen when MFT becomes deframented?
• This sw has an option to configure MFT & paging file. Where it gives 3 options, let sw configure it or place a value or don’t configure at all.
• Now another question is should the MFT be configured, using any method prior to image creation or after, cause the image size of the 4.5 GB OS etc is approx 1.8 GB?
• Basically what all I have been trying to say is that image creation, as time & again pointed out by Mr. Rad is so important. If the created image is a blurred one & ultimately one has to perform a fresh install than what’s the use.
• I have a lot of confidence in Ghost 2003 & feel that most likely it’s some error on my part since computers are new to me.
• One more question what does this term imply “That please make a back up” a message displayed using certain softwares. Does it mean backing up of registry or creating an image of the whole OS?

Waiting to hear your experienced comments, thanks in advance!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print