Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Ghost and PC Restore on Dell (Read 17005 times)
Stephen Benson

Re: Ghost and PC Restore on Dell
Reply #15 - Feb 28th, 2006 at 8:48pm

Thanks for all the info in this post.  I just purchased a new Dell laptop and want to replace the restore image with a new image with all the Dell junk software removed and my software installed (as mentioned above).  Do you get your system where you want and create a new image of c: and simply replace the existing as the same file name or am I missing some essential steps?

Any more info on this subject would be helpful.  I have Ghost 2003 available to create a new image.

Thanks,
Steve

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #16 - Feb 28th, 2006 at 9:41pm

Stephen,

It's not that simple I'm afraid.

http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/index.htm

I delete the Dell Restore partition, repartition the HD and create my own image of the C: drive after I've uninstalled the unnecessary programs.

IP Logged

Stephen Benson

Reply #17 - Mar 1st, 2006 at 11:38am

Thanks for the quick reply.  Is there anyway to replace the Dell image with a new image and get Ctl+F11 to restore this image?  It seems that Dan has done this before (previous posts on this subject).

If I create an image of the C partition with ghost without removing the Dell partitions, and restore this image of C only will the computer boot properly?  Or should I image the whole drive and hope?

Thanks,
Steve

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print