Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oh...it was a worm-trojan (Read 5738 times)
moocha
Gnarly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Oh...it was a worm-trojan
May 4th, 2006 at 6:19pm

My previous prob was actually a back door virus that was evidently ghosted with my image.  The immage loaded but later said there was a file missing in my OS.  I did a repair on win 2k with emergency disk and it loaded...but the worm or whatever was still around.  I restored an earlier image and all is well...so the cause of my confusion...Thanks

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Oh...it was a worm-trojan
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2006 at 6:38pm

moocha,

To which thread are you referring?

IP Logged

moocha
Gnarly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Papov

Reply #3 - May 5th, 2006 at 7:50am

Hello moocha,

What security measures do you have on your machine, like ant virus soft wares, anti spy wares & firewall etc.

What’s the exact variant of the Trojan worm, which your computer failed to detect?

Do you have all security updates & SP4 installed for win 2k.

Hoping to hear from you,

Regards,

Ivanov Papov Yezinki.

IP Logged

moocha
Gnarly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - May 5th, 2006 at 11:41am

Ha Ha...I was in the middle of downloading SP4 when another warning screen from AVG popped up and rebooted my internet machine.  I'm OK now.  I just screwed myself up trying Acronis demo.  I will stick with Ghost 2003 when I get it land be happy(I use 2002 now)
I'm also rereading Radified paper over again.  All I'd like is to be able to back up with my usb enclosure and i'll be even happier..
My other "music" macine is doing fine.  Just experimenting with internet machine. 
I'll try to download SP4 now.

IP Logged

Papov

Reply #5 - May 5th, 2006 at 1:51pm

Hi there,

Please do keep the following into consideration before you read my own views:

I’m a newbie when it comes to computer related stuff & my command over English language is below par.

Try downloading SP4 (which in total is approx 100 plus MB in size) on another machine & not on one with just win2k.

In the process one is very liable to get infected by Blaster, Trojans, Worms etc.

I tried downloading SP4, when I was using win 2k & in the process got infected with welchia.

From than on I always try to download large sized service packs on another machine, burn them onto a media & install on the OS, without going online.

Another incident that recently happened, was chatting with a friend using one of the messengers & simultaneously had an IE 6.0 page opened, running java applets.

I have winXP Pro e SP2 installed but I got infected with “Fly by nite” Virus/Trojan, although AVG quarantined it, but I had no peace of mind.

My OS is protected by AVG, Spybot with Tea Timer & SD helper & XP firewall, running at all times.

Than I realized how helpful it was to have a Ghost 2003 image of the OS.

I restored the image over the OS, despite the fact that Virus was quarantined in the vault. (Thanks to Ghost forum & specially to Mr. Christer & Night Owl)

Take care & all the best!

IP Logged

moocha
Gnarly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - May 6th, 2006 at 12:45pm

Yeah, that's what seemed to happen, I wasn't sure how this was happening.  Yesterday I downloaded it all-I alrealy had SP3 and lots of sec fixes, now sp4 and all the rest...avg didn't show any probs as I was downloading...yes, it seemed someone either targeted me, or it was a backdoor demon.Things are getting "dangerous" out here them??  Like we'er ducks and their in the "blind"?.  Well my reg has "changes" when I scan with AVg, we'll see...I can keep going back to earlier ghostings.  Well at least I know now.  I'm on dialup-do you really think Ikneed a firewall??..Been on the net along time andkno big probs...maybe this lis just a hallucination. 

pS-I picked up 4 trojans 4/2 that were quarantined.  The "back door" showed up a month later and my ghost immages are around the 4/2 time period.  Anyway things seem to be fine with this image, anything after has that "screwedup" signature.  Unless tis is a type that gets triggered by the passing of as period of time..Even with the reg changes..all is fine.
Thanks

IP Logged

Papov

Reply #7 - May 6th, 2006 at 6:05pm

Use Spy bot Tea Timer protection to prevent registry change. It gives you an option of Allow or Deny a Change.

SP4 includes all previous SPs etc.

Better if you download it on another pc.

Going on line using win2k with out SP4 is simply asking for trouble.

Good Luck.

IP Logged

moocha
Gnarly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #8 - May 7th, 2006 at 12:15am

Since using Mozilla Firefox(for quite a while now), Adaware never finds anything, versus Explorer which attracts everything.  I'm downloading Spybot(which also never found anything since my switch to firefox) for its monitoring of registry changes.  But it only supports  Explorer, Opera and another but not Firefox one.  So I will download Opera or the other.

Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print