Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DOS Gost boot disk, writing to CDRW disk (Read 2089 times)
user1
Ex Member

DOS Gost boot disk, writing to CDRW disk
Aug 11th, 2006 at 1:35pm

Using the setup "A Better USB 2.0 DOS Driver for Ghost", I am able to read CDRW disk. I have been unable to Write to the same disk. Viewing the director, shows Zero bytes available, on the disk. I would appreciate any responce to the resolution to the write problem. Saving user files to CDRW prior to Image replace would be a valuable resource. Thanks, User1

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: DOS Gost boot disk, writing to CDRW disk
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2006 at 10:13am

user1

Quote:
Using the setup "A Better USB 2.0 DOS Driver for Ghost", I am able to read CDRW disk.

Not sure I'm following--the above driver is for DOS USB devices--is your optical drive a USB device?

You can load a USB DOS driver, in addition to the Panasonic USB DOS driver, to allow for access to a USB optical drive.

Are you talking about accessing the optical drive while in Ghost?

Or, are you talking about accessing the optical writer from a DOS prompt--there has to be a program that is loaded that has optical writing ability built-in--one can not simply use a DOS save command to write to an optical disc.

You have to have an unused optical CD-R in order to write to the disc--or, if you have a CD-RW (rewriteable), I believe Ghost will offer to erase it first so it's *blank*, if it already has data on it, in order to be able to save data to the CD-RW during a Ghost operation.

Please clarify what the problem is that you are having.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print