Ghost 10 (Read 19009 times)
dave_cal
Radmeister

I love this Forum

Kelowna BC

Re: Ghost 10
Reply #15 - Oct 29th, 2006 at 12:57pm

dave_cal wrote on Oct 29th, 2006 at 11:33am:
Thanks for that Pleonasm, I have already tried the Auto fix tool, it's a pretty useless piece of S---,
But I will try the renaming thing you suggested above, sounds like a good idea... D

Further to the renaming thing... I did rename the .ini file and rebooted. Low and behold, I had lost 5 of the 9 old entries.
I then renamed it back to what it was, and still the same/
ie/ 5 less entries.
I then renamed it again, and this time lost 1 more old entry.
I returned the name again, and am left with the last 3 entries.
The very last one is the only one that works.
I'm thinking now of deleting that .ini file, rebooting and doing a fresh back-up. Might just be the answer.
What do you think ?    D

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #16 - Oct 29th, 2006 at 1:31pm

Pleonasm wrote on Oct 29th, 2006 at 9:53am:
Find and the rename the file(s) "NG Recovery Point Storage.ini" to "NG Recovery Point Storage.old", reboot, and see if the problem corrects itself. 

Excellent hunch, Pleo.

IP Logged

dave_cal
Radmeister

I love this Forum

Kelowna BC

Reply #17 - Oct 29th, 2006 at 3:26pm

dave_cal wrote on Oct 29th, 2006 at 11:33am:
Thanks for that Pleonasm, I have already tried the Auto fix tool, it's a pretty useless piece of S---,
But I will try the renaming thing you suggested above, sounds like a good idea... D

Thanks for the suggestions... I tried the renaming of that .ini file and ended up with 4 entries left out of 9....
I renamed the file back to .ini, and all was fine but still had the 4 entries of which only 1 was able to work.
I again changed the name, and lost one more  old entry, so now I was left with 3 entries of which only one was active.
At that point I decided to Un-------- then Re------ which was no big deal and is what I probably should have done in the first place.
So now I am back to square one, and will delete from the proper place from now on ( OK Brian)   ... D
Undecided

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print