Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Notebook hdd failing need help (Read 25356 times)
kaletonto
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Notebook hdd failing need help
Reply #15 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 11:49am

Brian wrote on Nov 29th, 2006 at 9:40pm:
Not really. The Ghost 8.2 image you have created will be fine. Go back into the Recovery Environment and run a "Check".  
Local > Check > Image file.

Yes. Boot to the Ghost CD and use the Ghost 8.2 prog.
Local > Disk > From image

We can sort out the Ghost 10 problems when you have the new HD working.

Brian,EP,NightOwl....

My wife loves you all.............

Walla everything is ticking like a clock. Brian, it was painless when I checked the integrity and simply did a restore per your reply. I think if I had understood what you all were trying to tell me I could have done this whole deal in a couple hours. I just want to thank everyone and after I get done working today I will attempt to create a "hot image" if those are the right words, from ghost 10. I will post again on my results for that.

THANKS AGAIN
Harold

ps. NightOwl.... Yes, I now understand what Pesky and you where trying to tell me about in the beginning between 8.2 and 10 files.

IP Logged

El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Reply #16 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 12:38pm

kaletonto wrote on Nov 30th, 2006 at 11:49am:
"... after I get done working today I will attempt to create a "hot image" if those are the right words, from ghost 10.  I will post again on my results for that..."

If I remember correctly, Pleonasm said something to the effect that he maintained Norton Ghost 10 for running daily in normal fashion inside Windows XP -
yet by booting into the Windows Preinstalled Environment mode he could continue to use Norton Ghost Ver 8.2 for "partition-to-image" or
"disk-to-image" operations without modification or adjustment

I suppose some would regard that as "having-your-cake-and-eating-it-too" Roll Eyes

EP
Cry

IP Logged

kaletonto
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Northeast Pennsylvania

Reply #17 - Dec 4th, 2006 at 8:34am

Well, It has been awhile since my last post on the results of my wife's computer. I have run ghost 10 without a hitch on both types of backup, so I guess we assume that something was really bad on the old hard drive that was causing the errors. We would like to thank all for the help in fixing these problems.

Till next time Grin
Harold

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #18 - Dec 4th, 2006 at 8:55am

kaletonto

Quote:
Brian,EP,NightOwl....

My wife loves you all.............

Thanks for the feedback--always nice to have a *pat on the back*--it makes our days!  Tell your wife we *feel the love* here at Radified Forums!

Don't be a stranger--lots to learn and share!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print