Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Need help on Ghost 9 (ReaToGO)Read the Guides (Read 21296 times)
Bombadillio
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Need help on Ghost 9 (ReaToGO)Read the Guides
Feb 18th, 2007 at 1:16pm

Greetings,
   I read the guides and stickes on Ghost 9. What I want to do is make an image file of my C:\ drive which is 16 GB. This way I can always get to this Windows XP PRo SP2 installation if the computer has any problems.
   What I have done thus far:
        1.  I used the Ghost 9 version to make a "backup" of my c:\ drive the files were stripped to 4400 g.B a piece. This way I could put each one on a DvDR.  ( I used "Verify")
        2. The files have a .sv2i file and 4 .v2i files that go 1-4
        3. I tried booting with the ghost 9 cd and had problems which is what brought me here
        4.  I read the Reatogo guide by Brian, I followed the directions and was able to make the iso. The problem with the guide he had is when I double clicked the Ghost 9 autohelp it never asked me for a cdkey.
                     - I believe that this is due to the guide not being made for the new version of ReaToGO
       5. At this point I would like to know what my next step is. My goal is to be able to be able to boot with these Cd's and to have the drive imaged correctly. What do I need to do? Should I burn these images to a DvDR?
     If I am correct I need to burn the CD of the Bart PE folder which is 322MB this will allow me to boot into Ghost, Then I woudl most likely be able to backup that way. I have been trying to figure this out for a long time and would like to fix any tweaks I need to do now rather than later. Any help is appreciated.

Edit:
    It is not creating an image file since it says:
"Error: SetupDecompressOrCopyFIle() "F:\I386\sys\ROBOEX32.DLL" Ti C:\ReaToGo-240\BartRPE\I386\System\32\sys\ROBOEX32.dll" The system can not find the path Specified

SEtup Details

Code:
 "C:\REATOGO-240\BARTRPE\Programs\Ghost9\UTILITY\RestoreMBR.exe"
DecompressOrCopy file "F:\I386\SYS\ROBOEX32.DLL" to "C:\REATOGO-240\BARTRPE\I386\SYSTEM32\SYS\ROBOEX32.DLL"
Error: SetupDecompressOrCopyFile() "F:\I386\SYS\ROBOEX32.DLL" to "C:\REATOGO-240\BARTRPE\I386\SYSTEM32\SYS\ROBOEX32.DLL" 3: The system cannot find the path specified.
DecompressOrCopy file
Getting CD-Rom bootstrap loader
File copy done
Appending files
Processing driver IDs
Checking for missing files
Builder has stopped because there are 1 build errors
ISO image is not created, you must fix the errors!
Building done...
There where 1 errors and 0 warnings
Use the [<<] and [>>] buttons to jump to Error/Warning.

I was able to find the file on a site but was not sure if I Should copy the folder dir to a cd r

MOBO -- DFI NF4 Ultra D&&CPU -- Venice 3200&&RAM -- Ram OCZ Winbond model 4x512 &&VIDEO -- Sapphire X1950XT 256MB&&CASE -- Lian LiPC-70USB&&PSU -- OCZ POWERSTREAM 600W&&HDD -- 1 Seagate PATA 400GB 1 W

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Need help on Ghost 9 (ReaToGO)Read the Guides
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2007 at 3:18pm

Bombadillio,

Quote:
3. I tried booting with the ghost 9 cd and had problems which is what brought me here

At what stage did the CD fail?

Quote:
F:\I386\sys\ROBOEX32.DLL

That's the wrong path for this file. Strange.

What is your Ghost 9 version? Have you done the Live Update? The Ghost 9 plugin build process handles the versions differently but both should work. I have ver 9.0.2.3981. The original is ver 9.0.0.2583. The latest plugin doesn't ask you to enter a serial number manually. It's extracted by the plugin automatically.

Here are some "compressed" instructions on creating the Reatogo CD. I'd suggest RW CDs at first in case you make mistakes.

You need WinXP SP1 or SP2 installed on your computer and the WinXP SP2 CD. Ghost 9 must be installed.

Put Reatogo-240.exe in the root of a NTFS partition. Double click Reatogo-240.exe. There will be lots of OKs to click.

Ignore Steps 1,3,4,5
Click Step 2 and follow instructions. FIX.

Click Download AutoHelp plugins. 
Get #131 Mass Storage Driver Pack if you have SATA HDs. (I see that you have PATA)
Get #45 Ghost 9. Run autoHelp_dotNet.cmd first, then autoHelp_Ghost9.cmd

Click Start PEBuilder
Tick Burn to CD/DVD
Tick AutoErase RW, 
Tick Eject after burn
Burn using StarBurn
Select your Device
Click Build

I'd start again by redownloading REATOGO-240.exe and the plugins. Do you get the same error on building?

IP Logged

Bombadillio
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2007 at 5:04pm

Quote:
At what stage did the CD fail? 

Well my cd was all scratched up so I copied the cd with plextor to my hard drive. From there I used nero and made a Boot cd with the cd. I am not sure if I went wrong by making  the option " Boot-cd" But it boots into dos but it wont let me run any program off the Norton cd. As I said before I have 4 files burned onto dvd's 1. is  estee.sv2i
2-4 = C_Drive_s0#.v2i, C_Drive.v2i

My computer is Windows SP2. Ghost 9 is installed and I just followed your advice and Liveupdated it to 3981, (was using 2583)

As to reaTogo-240.exe when it is in the root Dir. It created a Dir @ C:\REATOGO-240 so the files were all placed there.

I will now re-install it and tell you what happens. AS to the re-install the only plugins I saw I could download were the "Ghost v9.0 plugin is this correct? I just dont watn to do this all wrong again. ( My drives are PATA as you said Wink )

As for Step 2 I think this may be the problem since I dont remember performing the create driver section. I thought it was part of the plugins section. Let me re-try this and hopefully this will fix the problem. As for plugins the only one I see is the ghost v9.0 I would need correct

My goal is to get Norton to boot up and for my drives to be restored in a fast fashion from the cd's. I am storing the images on a backup hard drive to expedite the process but in the case I am on the go and need these disks it will be helpful since I have 3 computers with the same configuration.

What do you think? I have a version of Ghost 2003 which I can get my hands on if I chose but I am a fighter and want to figure out how to use this v9 since I have spent so much time already on it.

** note:
          Should I still go ahead and do: Quote:
For Source:   choose your CD drive or if you don't have a WinXP CD, the folder which contains the i386 folder
Leave Output as BartPE
Put a tick in Create ISO image
Don’t tick Burn to CD as it produces an error later (on my computer. It may work on yours).
Click Build
It takes a few minutes depending on the speed of your computer.

I saw what you wrote but just want to make sure taht you dont want me to make my source " Win Xp SP2 CD. I think you want me to so figured I would check again. Thx a mil!

Also as I was running the setup it said 1 file was not found but did not address what file it was when I ran
Quote:
autoHelp_Ghost9.cmd

Then it says after installation "2. Ram Drive MUST be FIXED and Min 32mb. AutoRamResizer enabled wil not work. If required - Config. My Defaults- (Main Panel) to correct your ramdrv settings.

*** After testing it at making an ISO I got the same error as before, thus it did not make an ISO image since the build stopped due to the 1 error***

What I did, I setup as source = F:\ ( Win XP SP2 CD)
CUstom = Blank
OUTPUT = C:\ReaToGO-240\BARTPE
Media Output: C:\REATOGO-240\reatogoBuilder.iso

This way I would be able to see where it went wrong. There is no such file as ROBOEX32.DLL on the windows cd. I do have this file though downloaded. Is there a way I can get this to work just off my hard drive? This is very frustrating

MOBO -- DFI NF4 Ultra D&&CPU -- Venice 3200&&RAM -- Ram OCZ Winbond model 4x512 &&VIDEO -- Sapphire X1950XT 256MB&&CASE -- Lian LiPC-70USB&&PSU -- OCZ POWERSTREAM 600W&&HDD -- 1 Seagate PATA 400GB 1 W

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #3 - Feb 18th, 2007 at 5:36pm

Bombadillio wrote on Feb 18th, 2007 at 5:04pm:
    Well my cd was all scratched up so I copied the cd with plextor to my hard drive. From there I used nero and made a Boot cd with the cd. I am not sure if I went wrong by making  the option " Boot-cd" But it boots into dos but it wont let me run any program off the Norton cd.

I don't think you can copy the CD that way and have it boot properly. In Nero I'd choose "CD Copy". But for the present forget the scratches and try to boot the original CD.

Quote:
Should I still go ahead and do

Ignore my old instructions and use those from my post above. You only need one plugin. #45 Ghost 9.

Quote:
Ram Drive MUST be FIXED and Min 32mb

I recall it gives you a choice. I chose 64 MB. Don't worry about "AutoRamResizer enabled" as you don't have it.

Quote:
my source " Win Xp SP2 CD. 

Yes.

IP Logged

Bombadillio
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Feb 18th, 2007 at 5:39pm

edit fix, original cd wont boot ... Sad

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #5 - Feb 18th, 2007 at 5:40pm

Quote:
There is no such file as ROBOEX32.DLL

It should be in C:\Windows\System32

The plugin should find it. It was in a different folder in your pre update Ghost. The update moves it.

IP Logged

Bombadillio
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Feb 18th, 2007 at 5:41pm

Brian wrote on Feb 18th, 2007 at 5:40pm:
It should be in C:\Windows\System32

The plugin should find it. It was in a different folder in your pre update Ghost. The update moves it.

On the last build it says cant find it on F:\ ( my win XP SP2 cd)

When I do a search I cant find this file in C:\windows\system32

maybe I can modify the Ghost9.inf to direct to c:\desktop\roboex32.dll

If I can figure the command since it has it as SYS\roboex32.dll=2  in the [SourceDisksFIles] of the inf it would solve the problem?

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #7 - Feb 18th, 2007 at 5:46pm

Sounds like there is an error in your plugin. It's looking in the wrong place for the file. I suggest posting in this thread and Siegfried will answer.

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?s=65f399e1c3776ce7bd44827449369aae&showto...

As you will see, I've been there too.

I'll download the current plugin and see if I get the error.

IP Logged

Bombadillio
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #8 - Feb 18th, 2007 at 5:47pm

Brian wrote on Feb 18th, 2007 at 5:46pm:
Sounds like there is an error in your plugin. It's looking in the wrong place for the file. I suggest posting in this thread and Siegfried will answer.

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?s=65f399e1c3776ce7bd44827449369aae&showto...

As you will see, I've been there too.

I'll download the current plugin and see if I get the error.

I registered to the site but it will not allow me to post yet, is ther ea way you could post on my behalf?

I am going try this: Quote:
Brian,
my vers. is 9.0.0.2583

So, at least we did get the facts together and were able to pin it down to something reproducable.
Now weŽll have to see what Frodo thinks about the matter and how the plugin can be made to accomodate both versions.

If you want you could try this:
Just manually put "roboex32.dll" into the folder "Ghost9_autoHelp\system32" of the configured plugin and see if that already makes it work on CD.

This existing entry in Ghost9.inf will copy it correctly:
[SourceDisksFiles]
system32\*.*=2,,1

My best regards, Siegfried

RUnning this now and it seems to be working when I make these corrections. I had to place the file in that folder as mentioned

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #9 - Feb 18th, 2007 at 6:02pm

I just realized that Ghost 9 isn't installed on my computer at present. I'm testing something else so I can't run the plugin.

IP Logged

Bombadillio
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #10 - Feb 18th, 2007 at 6:17pm

I am going to reboot and see what happens

IP Logged

Bombadillio
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #11 - Feb 18th, 2007 at 6:27pm

So I booted from the cd and everything seemed to go fine AT FIRST:

1. Looked like how windows XP usually looks like as its reviewing your configuration

2. Screen blanked out and came back on and showed WIN XP LOGO

3. Screen blanked out again and came back on  with windows XP Bars and sayd the PE Builder stuff

4. USB Keyboard and mouse lights blinked on and off
     Screen went black. Had to push the reset button.
Quote:
I do not know why my screen went black. What should I do next? It seemed to take a long time to get to that point

After a few more tries I found out that it is blanking out when it starts PNP APPLICATIONS

Ne1 have any ideas

I tried booting with my Ghost 2003 cd but it will not read DVDR's nor will it read the images made with Ghost v9.0

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #12 - Feb 18th, 2007 at 9:21pm

Have you tried booting from the scratched Ghost 9 CD?

Can you do a search of your C: drive for roboex32.dll? It's added when you install Ghost 9.

IP Logged

Bombadillio
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #13 - Feb 19th, 2007 at 1:24am

Brian wrote on Feb 18th, 2007 at 9:21pm:
Have you tried booting from the scratched Ghost 9 CD?

Can you do a search of your C: drive for roboex32.dll? It's added when you install Ghost 9.

I can boot from the scratched ghost 9 cd but it is only giving me three options ( not exact wordig )
1. No config
2. Cd drivers
3. USB
4. Firewall

This does not seem right. I checked the cd and it seems to have ghost 8.2 on it from windows. However this does not solve the problem

the NeoBoot cd was able to made into an iso when I changed the files up above. However, the system hangs at PNP initialization now...

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #14 - Feb 19th, 2007 at 2:55am

Bombadillio wrote on Feb 19th, 2007 at 1:24am:
I can boot from the scratched ghost 9 cd but it is only giving me three options ( not exact wordig )
1. No config
2. Cd drivers
3. USB
4. Firewall

My Ghost 9 CD doesn't have those choices.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print