Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost 10 Image Restore Using Ghost 9 Image (Read 4092 times)
radyk110
Ex Member

Ghost 10 Image Restore Using Ghost 9 Image
Mar 5th, 2007 at 10:20am

I have a v2i image that was created using Ghost 9. Now I have problems restoring that same image because the NIC card in the laptop is not recognized by Ghost when I attempt to turn on Networking Services(WinBom Error). Digging around I can see that this is a known problem with the HP I am trying to restore. Ghost 10 however works fine with networking services on the same computer. I can browse to the network drive. However, Ghost 10 does not recognize the Ghost 9.0 v2i file. Is there a way to use 10.0 with the 9.0 v2i file? I am finding it curious that 9.0 uses v2i and 10.0 uses gho and there is no backwards compatibility. Surely I am missing something.

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Re: Ghost 10 Image Restore Using Ghost 9 Image
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2007 at 11:45am

Radyk110, what precisely do you mean when you say that “Ghost 10 does not recognize the Ghost 9.0 v2i file”?  Is an error message reported – and, if so, what is it?

Symantec explicitly says “Norton Ghost 10 can restore backup images created using Norton Ghost 9” (see page 25 in the Norton Ghost 10.0 User’s Guide), so you ought not to have a problem.

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

John.
Übermensch

Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2007 at 11:49am

Quote:
However, Ghost 10 does not recognize the Ghost 9.0 v2i file. Is there a way to use 10.0 with the 9.0 v2i file? I am finding it curious that 9.0 uses v2i and 10.0 uses gho and there is no backwards compatibility. Surely I am missing something.

Radyk110, Ghost10 uses v2i and NOT gho.  Gho is the extension for Ghost 2003 backup images.  I would guess that the backups were not created with Ghost 10, but an older version.

Ghost4me  Ghost 9, 10, 12, 14, 15.  Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #3 - Mar 6th, 2007 at 1:20am

radyk110

Quote:
I am finding it curious that 9.0 uses v2i and 10.0 uses gho and there is no backwards compatibility.

Are you trying to access the *v2i* file using the following in the Ghost 10 Recovery Environment (RE) *Main Screen/Recover/Recover using legacy Ghost image*?

*Legacy Ghost Image* is referring to pre-Ghost 9/10 which are DOS based (i.e. Ghost 8 or Ghost 2003, etc.) and use *.gho* and *.ghs* file extensions--the program that runs from this part of Ghost 10's RE is Ghost32 v8.2 and it will only work with *.gho* and *.ghs* files and not *v2i* files.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print