Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Symantec Response for Help? (Read 7591 times)
tallin
Radmeister

Learning each day

Australia

Symantec Response for Help?
Jun 6th, 2007 at 8:54pm

On 23rd May 2007 I emailed "Symantec Tech Support" <techsupport@symantec.iseva.net> for help with my Ghost 10 live update problem. I received an automated reply the same day saying:

"We have received your request for assistance and a Symantec Authorized Online Customer Service agent will contact you by e-mail within 48 hours to help answer your questions. The subject line of our agent's email will contain the following information:
Problem Type:
Request reference number: 070522-003631"

The very next day 24th May 2007 I found this forum thankfully so whilst waiting for a response to my email to Symantec Tech Support I registered here.  I mistakingly thought this was a Symantec backed forum.  What gave me that mistaken idea I do not remember.

The content of the email was similar to my first thread on this forum http://radified.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1179994561 It is now 7th May 2007 and I have had NO further response from Symantec at all.

Of course my problem with Live update was soon rectified by Brian and Ghost4me about a week or more ago.  For that I am most grateful.  I have shared on this forum the information of a successful transfer image (25GB) of my HD to a new HD which I am running on now.

I am wondering if anyone else has had such poor service from Symantec?  I am also wanting to reinforce to anyone who has a Ghost software problem this is without doubt the forum for getting help with Ghost software problems.

tallin    Norton Ghost 12

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: Symantec Response for Help?
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2007 at 10:52am

poor support from symantec has been common. which is why this forum has become so popular.

i think ppl are more surprised when they receive *good* support.

we have a separate thread dealing with getting sppt from symantec:

http://radified.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1126981880

at least one person who helped develop the original ghost software contributes here.

most have used various incarnations of ghost for many years. hard to beat real-world first-hand experience from a number users. plus we're nicer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print