Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Crud, Having Trouble with 12.0 Restore (Read 25870 times)
Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Crud, Having Trouble with 12.0 Restore
Reply #15 - Sep 2nd, 2007 at 1:56am

ghostgal950 wrote on Sep 2nd, 2007 at 1:48am:
One final post, I am now posting from the machine I restored. 

Excellent.

We are thinking about a walk on the beach. Just under an hour to sunset.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #16 - Sep 2nd, 2007 at 3:00am

Dawn, I like mounting recovery points. Right click the .v2i file and click Mount. Accept the drive letter. Now you have a virtual drive which I find easy to navigate and to copy and paste files and folders to other partitions on the HD.

When you are finished, right click and Dismount.

If you can restore the more recent images, that's even better. Keep us informed.

IP Logged

ghostgal950
Dude

Chicago

Reply #17 - Sep 2nd, 2007 at 8:48am

ghostgal950 wrote on Sep 2nd, 2007 at 1:48am:
One final post, I am
I guess it must be something with that USB Drive.  However I was thinking that perhaps it could be worth testing whether it is a malfunction in the interface to floppy drive (both of my externals consist of a laptop floppy drive in a USB housing kit).  So I may try swapping the housings tomorrow just to see if i can't get the most current restore point up and running.

OMG I can see I must have been tired last night.  Not floppy drives.  Each of my externals is a laptop HARD DRIVE in a USB housing kit.  Sheesh.  I'll try swapping the hard drives this morning after some coffee.

Hope you had a nice walk on the beach, sounds gorgeous!

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #18 - Sep 2nd, 2007 at 3:32pm

After 12 hours I understand.

Are your external HDs powered by AC to a small DC power supply or are they the two USB connector type?

IP Logged

ghostgal950
Dude

Chicago

Reply #19 - Sep 3rd, 2007 at 9:29pm

Brian wrote on Sep 2nd, 2007 at 3:32pm:
Are your external HDs powered by AC to a small DC power supply or are they the two USB connector type?

The 2 external HD's were just powered by the USB connector.

Today I went out and bought a big new external with which is AC powered.  I never did switch the 2 externals and their casings as I just got fed up with it and decided to go do some other things with my weekend once I had the restore under control.

Reflecting on it with a clearer mind I have little doubt that the one drive was trashed.  If it was the connector, it would not have reliably bombed out in the same place each time.

With the new external, I am creating the image and verifying it at the time of the create.  It verified just fine.  So I probably was writing to a bad disk for the past month and not knowing it.  Thank GOODNESS I had a 2nd copy on a different drive that was only a month old. 

I want to say thanks again for your help the other night, you were really a big help1!

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #20 - Sep 3rd, 2007 at 9:55pm

Dawn, I'm delighted that it worked out. Things didn't look good at first with that error message.

Quote:
Thank GOODNESS I had a 2nd copy on a different drive that was only a month old

Yes. Yes. Yes.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print