Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PXE error after trying to get image of workstation (Read 3157 times)
wssnoob
Ex Member

PXE error after trying to get image of workstation
Nov 28th, 2007 at 10:11am

I was attempting to grab an image of a remote Vista workstation using GSS2.0 last night.  When I launched the task (client installed fine) it started then bombed out.  I didn't have access to the pc to check it but when the user got to the pc this morning the error "PXE-E61 Media test failed. Check Cable" was showing and the pc won't boot past that screen at all.  I changed BIOS settings to make it not do a network boot but still boots to that screen.  How can I make it stop trying to ghost???  Thanks!

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: PXE error after trying to get image of workstation
Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2007 at 10:25am

wssnoob

Quote:
How can I make it stop trying to ghost???

I'm not familiar with GSS 2.0, but I think it still uses a *virtual partition* under some circumstanses--and, if I'm right--you probably are *trapped* in the *virtual partition*!

Here's some resources that apply to Ghost 2003 and I think it applied to Ghost 8.x as well--you may have to use a boot disk or disc that has a DOS partitioning tool so you can change the active partition from the Ghost virtual partition to the OS partition, unhide the OS partition, and hide the Ghost partition (or delete it!):

Quote:
How to use GhReboot

Cannot start Windows after starting a Ghost 2003 task from Windows

How to restart the computer into Windows if a problem is encountered after running Ghost 2003

If the *automated GhReboot* does not work, check this thread on how to use the Symantec Ghost DOS command line partitioning program, *gdisk*, as to how to manually change the active partition back to your original partition:

Ghost 2003 -operating system not found

Other partitioning tools (such as PartitionMagic, or this free tool MBRWizard - The MBR Management Utility that can change partitions from active to inactive, and can hide and unhide partitions--as well as delete partitions from the Master Partition Table--can also be used to manually reset the correct active OS partition for booting!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

wssnoob
Ex Member

Re: PXE error after trying to get image of workstation
Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2007 at 6:50am

Great thanks - that did it.  Appreciate the prompt response!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print