Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Major problem with disk image restore (Read 1777 times)
maratonec5
N00b

I Love Radified!

Slovenia (European Union)

Major problem with disk image restore
Feb 7th, 2008 at 2:23pm

Hello. I have a major problem with my system, particularly with booting. I made an image off raid0 volume, which consists of two 320gb seagate disks, with norton ghost 2003 (v.793). The structure of this volume was: at the beginning was one 5gb primary / active Fat32 partition (so this was the boot partition, if i am right) and 8 more NTFS logical partitions with xp no.1 on E:/ , vista on d:/ and xp no.2 on k: and also server 2008 rc1 on F:/  I saved the image on my external sata drive. Then i wiped my raid volume completely (zeroued out ). After that i restored the mentioned image to identically created raid0 volume. And, surprise Smiley , the system will not boot anymore. Vista boot loader starts, but is different than was earlier (just 2 entries are now present). Nothing works, i tried restoring MBR, fixboot in recovery console, system startup repair with vista cd etc.. Could anybody help me or direct to some page with help? I just dont understand this issues! How could that happen, if the volume is practically the same as the original?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print