Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Command line to restore from NTFS drive (Read 2755 times)
Serville
N00b

I Love Radified!

Command line to restore from NTFS drive
Dec 14th, 2009 at 11:54am

Hi,
Is it possible for Ghost to restore an image file which is kept in an NTFS drive from the command line ?

From FAT32 drive, it should be something like :  SRC=C:\BACKUP\XP.GHO:1

What if the image file is kept in the 2nd NTFS partition of drive 1,  subdirectory BACKUP.
Is it possible to restore using command line in a BATCH file ?

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Command line to restore from NTFS drive
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 8:59am

@
Serville

Quote:
Is it possible for Ghost to restore an image file which is kept in an NTFS drive from the command line ?

Yes.

Because DOS does not assign a drive letter to a NTFS partition, you have to use a different designation for that partition.  Ghost uses a *drive #: partition #* to identify the NTFS partitions that are present on your system.

Quote:
What if the image file is kept in the 2nd NTFS partition of drive 1,  subdirectory BACKUP.

So, that's drive #1, second partition = 1:2 .  And the command line, in part, would be like this:

Code:
src=1:2\BACKUP\source.gho 

If you load Ghost in DOS and look at the drop down menu box that lists source drives on your system, you will see how your NTFS partitions are listed using that designation method.

You can find examples of command lines at the end of this FAQ:  Switches: Cloning

And, there are examples in the various Ghost User Guides--see page 166, *Cloning Switch Usage*, in the Ghost 2003 Guide, as well as page 170, *Examples of cloning switch usage*:  Ghost 2003 User Guide, page 166

Other Ghost version Guides have similar discussions.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print