Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Intelligent File Access Acceleration Sequencing (Read 47213 times)
Pleonasm
Übermensch

Re: Intelligent File Access Acceleration Sequencin
Reply #15 - Nov 22nd, 2006 at 4:50pm

Brian, yes – all three graphics are showing the same partition ("D").  The intent of the article, however, is to compare Graphic 1 to Graphic 3, which illustrates the fact that even when free space is well-consolidated, the simple act of visiting two webpages creates significant fragmentation (note absence of red lines in Graphic 1 to their presence in Graphic 3).

The "bottom line" of the article is that "'consolidating every piece of free space' is no guarantee that newly arriving files won't be fragmented by the file system.  That was a maxim on FAT volumes in DOS, but certainly is not applicable to NTFS or FAT volumes under Windows XP."  Ergo, the benefit of consolidating all free space into one segment is nil.

Concerning I-FAAST, in Diskeeper 2007 Pro Premier the user has the option to let the application automatically enable/disable I-FAAST, depending on whether it is beneficial for the specific drive (default); to always enable I-FAAST; and to always disable I-FAAST.

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #16 - Nov 22nd, 2006 at 5:06pm

Pleonasm wrote on Nov 22nd, 2006 at 4:50pm:
all three graphics are showing the same partition ("D"). 

I see that now. It would have been better if they had used the same "scale" on all graphics.

I don't know which company is mostly correct and I'm now going to do something that interests me more. I'm going fishing.

IP Logged

El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Reply #17 - Nov 22nd, 2006 at 8:15pm

Brian wrote on Nov 22nd, 2006 at 5:06pm:
"... and I'm now going to do something that interests me more.  I'm going fishing..."

Here on the "other Hemisphere" Old Man Winter comes and the days steadily grow shorter.  The
'specks'
(CLICK HERE) are compelled by their innate photoperiodicity (conferred by what the least skeptical among us believe is
'intelligent design'
) to move from the outer bays to the inner lakes and channels of our God-given inner estuary.

This is the season where on a sunny day you can sleep late, deign to have a lesisurely lunch at midday, and then when the sun is well past the yardarm you slip your anchor gently on waist-deep broad flats adjacent to deep channels.  The forage fish and the
'specks'
all start to move upon to the shelf into the shallow warming waters where you patiently wait.  When the seabirds start to power-dive into the baitfish, you stand on the highest decks and throw 1/2oz gold-plated solid-brass Acme Kastmaster Spoons with red and white bucktail teasers on the single treble hook (CLICK HERE) in their direction and begin to reel in steadily with rod tip high.  The Kastmaster spoon can be thrown further than the length of a tennis court with the right open-faced spinning tackle setup, and until sundown every cast - that's right,
every cast
- will get you at the least one or more hard bumps as long as the tides continue to run in your favor.  Typically, you will actually land a
'speck'
about every third cast and it is good policy with action this furious to bend the barbs of your hooks flat so you can get back into action in a hurry - oh, yeah... it's also kinder as it causes negligible injury to the non-keepers.  Three blokes on a good day will come ashore with more
'specks'
between 13 and 16 inches ('school trout', no 'busters') than they will be able to clean before the witching hour.

EP
Cry

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #18 - Nov 22nd, 2006 at 8:42pm

EP, that sounds like heaven. It really does.

Today, we caught 15 sand whiting of average length 40 cm. The best bait is mud worms. They are an estuarine and beach fish, caught mainly in late spring and summer.

http://www.amonline.net.au/FISHES/fishfacts/fish/sciliata.htm

Sand whiting are one of the best tasting Australian fish.

IP Logged

sumrica
Radmeister

Down around Biloxi, Miss.

Reply #19 - Nov 22nd, 2006 at 9:13pm

I'd could go for some speck fishing 'bout now.  Some years ago on Thanksgiving Day we did well.  CLICK
Edit:  By the way, all this took place in about a two hour period.  It was one of those "every cast" days.

Not so productive days looked like this... CLICK

Favorite, most productive baits?  CLICK

http://www.facebook.com/joesumralliii?sk=info  
IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #20 - Nov 22nd, 2006 at 9:18pm

here in socal, we like to make fish tacos .. with warm corn tortillas, melted cheddar cheese, salsa & shreaded cabbage .. rice-n-black beans on the side. maybe some hot sauce. a little grated carrots works good, too.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #21 - Nov 22nd, 2006 at 9:21pm

sumrica, is that a C172? I like your runway. We have similar runways on Fraser Island.

http://www.hervey.com.au/FraserIsland/default.htm

I just saw your first image. It's not a C172.

IP Logged

sumrica
Radmeister

Reply #22 - Nov 22nd, 2006 at 9:30pm

Brian wrote on Nov 22nd, 2006 at 9:21pm:
sumrica, is that a C172? I like your runway. We have similar runways on Fraser Island.

http://www.hervey.com.au/FraserIsland/default.htm

I just saw your first image. It's not a C172.

Brian, Fraser Island looks pretty remote.  

The plane is a 1959 Piper PA-22 Tripacer.  And the runway is what used to be Chandeleur Island...a barrier island in southeast Louisiana.  Sadly, Hurricane Katrina all but washed it away.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #23 - Nov 22nd, 2006 at 9:41pm

sumrica, sorry I didn't mention your fish. Very impressive. Fishing and flying. What a combination. Most of my fishing trips have involved light aircraft. My favourites were a Beech A36 Bonanza and a Beech B58 Baron. I've got 1500 hours on the A36 and 200 hours on the B58.

IP Logged

sumrica
Radmeister

Reply #24 - Nov 22nd, 2006 at 9:50pm

Brian wrote on Nov 22nd, 2006 at 9:41pm:
Most of my fishing trips have involved light aircraft. My favourites were a Beech A36 Bonanza and a Beech B58 Baron. I've got 1500 hours on the A36 and 200 hours on the B58.

Well, now I'm just plain envious!  Fancy planes to go fishing in.

I've got time in both those.  Only a tiny fraction of the time you have in them, though.  Most of my high-performance time is in the V-35b.  I tell ya, ol' Walter Beech came up with a winner, didn't he?

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #25 - Nov 22nd, 2006 at 9:55pm

sumrica wrote on Nov 22nd, 2006 at 9:50pm:
ol' Walter Beech came up with a winner, didn't he?

He sure did. I don't have any flying time in the V35. Only as a passenger. A beautiful aircraft.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #26 - Nov 22nd, 2006 at 10:10pm

This was my A36.

IP Logged

El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Reply #27 - Nov 22nd, 2006 at 10:18pm

sumrica wrote on Nov 22nd, 2006 at 9:30pm:
"... a barrier island in southeast Louisiana.  Sadly, Hurricane Katrina all but washed it away..."

"... Before Hurricane Katrina, besides being active with the EAA and very much into WarBird restoration activities, I was also deeply involved with computerized flight simulation with emphasis on recreating military scenarios and campaigns.  Katrina's foodwaters managed to get me out of both modes, and permanently I fear..."

Keyword: PERMANENTLY

EP
Cry
Former member EAA Mosquito Squadron 697

IP Logged

sumrica
Radmeister

Reply #28 - Nov 22nd, 2006 at 10:30pm

Brian wrote on Nov 22nd, 2006 at 10:10pm:
This was my A36.

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b16/bjkdegree/BE36.jpg

I like that particular paint scheme.  Always have.  Club seating too, huh?  Fine looking ride, Brian. 
It hardly gets any better than what you've got sitting there.

IP Logged

sumrica
Radmeister

Reply #29 - Nov 22nd, 2006 at 10:36pm

[quote author=El_Pescador  link=1164121202/15#27 date=1164255483]

"... Before Hurricane Katrina, besides being active with the EAA and very much into WarBird restoration activities, I was also deeply involved with computerized flight simulation with emphasis on recreating military scenarios and campaigns.  Katrina's foodwaters managed to get me out of both modes, and permanently I fear..."

Keyword: PERMANENTLY

EP
Cry
Former member EAA Mosquito Squadron 697

[/quote]

I remember that post, Pesky.  Have you been out to the airport lately?  Any activity?
Heck, let's get Rad to build us an aviators forum.  haha

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print