Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Need help on Ghost 9 (ReaToGO)Read the Guides (Read 21294 times)
Bombadillio
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Need help on Ghost 9 (ReaToGO)Read the Guides
Reply #15 - Feb 19th, 2007 at 4:35am

Brian wrote on Feb 19th, 2007 at 2:55am:
My Ghost 9 CD doesn't have those choices.

LoL I put in the wrong cd hahahaaha I put in the Nero Neotogo Boot cd no wonder.

Tried again the ghost 9 boot cd still wont work.

MOBO -- DFI NF4 Ultra D&&CPU -- Venice 3200&&RAM -- Ram OCZ Winbond model 4x512 &&VIDEO -- Sapphire X1950XT 256MB&&CASE -- Lian LiPC-70USB&&PSU -- OCZ POWERSTREAM 600W&&HDD -- 1 Seagate PATA 400GB 1 W

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #16 - Feb 19th, 2007 at 12:38pm

Bombadillio,

Where in the boot sequence does the Ghost 9 CD fail?

Could you try the Ghost 9 and Reatogo CDs in other computers to see if they boot. Sometimes it's a hardware problem.

IP Logged

Bombadillio
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #17 - Feb 19th, 2007 at 2:35pm

The ghost 9 cd does not boot at all. I tried it in my friends computer and nothing happened. I tried the ReaTogo cd and it just gave me a black screen when it reached PNP initialization.

Maybe I should just install Norton Ghost 2003. I have the cd for it. Since my goal is just to backup this drive. The thing that sux now though is that I have the backup image of the drive in that crazy svi files. But it wont read with earlier nortons. This is very disturbing since I tried for 6 hrs yesterday to get this to work. Is there somethign I am doing wrong with ReaToGo?

MOBO -- DFI NF4 Ultra D&&CPU -- Venice 3200&&RAM -- Ram OCZ Winbond model 4x512 &&VIDEO -- Sapphire X1950XT 256MB&&CASE -- Lian LiPC-70USB&&PSU -- OCZ POWERSTREAM 600W&&HDD -- 1 Seagate PATA 400GB 1 W

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #18 - Feb 19th, 2007 at 3:05pm

Bombadillio,

It's my understanding that you can use Ghost 2003 from the CD and it doesn't really need to be installed. So you can image and restore now from that CD while you continue trying to get the Reatogo CD working.

Could you try making a Reatogo CD without the Ghost plugin? See if it boots as part of the trouble shooting. I don't know when you will be able to post to the CD forum. I tried registering for a new account and haven't received an email either.

IP Logged

Bombadillio
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #19 - Feb 19th, 2007 at 3:07pm

Brian wrote on Feb 19th, 2007 at 3:05pm:
Bombadillio,

It's my understanding that you can use Ghost 2003 from the CD and it doesn't really need to be installed. So you can image and restore now from that CD while you continue trying to get the Reatogo CD working.

Could you try making a Reatogo CD without the Ghost plugin? See if it boots as part of the trouble shooting. I don't know when you will be able to post to the CD forum. I tried registering for a new account and haven't received an email either.

I tried the Ghost 2003 cd it wont let me access DVDR media since I would want to burn the images to DVD'S any ideas?

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #20 - Feb 19th, 2007 at 3:22pm

IP Logged

Bombadillio
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #21 - Feb 19th, 2007 at 3:37pm

Brian wrote on Feb 19th, 2007 at 3:22pm:

When I used the Ghost 2003 it seemed to not read my DVD drive. But that post says Backup to hard drive and then burn dvd's

The problem at this point hte image file backup I made was a day and half ago and I have done a lot of stuff to this computer since then. What would be really helpful is if there were some DOS Based program I could get to that be able to read these new Ghost V9 Dvd's I burned. I guess the only other thing is to possibly get an external Hard drive and use that as a backupdrive.

IP Logged

El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Reply #22 - Feb 19th, 2007 at 5:45pm

Bombadillio wrote on Feb 19th, 2007 at 3:37pm:
"... I guess the only other thing is to possibly get an external Hard drive and use that as a backupdrive..."

I am a long-time advocate of placing internal HDDs - whether IDE or SATA - in external enclosure kits.  If you have an organic SATA port free, you can readily mount an internal SATA HDD in a SATA enclosure with the delightful aspect of having your system regard it as an internal HDD despite its location and its independent power supply.

EP
Cry

IP Logged

Bombadillio
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #23 - Feb 19th, 2007 at 6:08pm

El_Pescador wrote on Feb 19th, 2007 at 5:45pm:
I am a long-time advocate of placing internal HDDs - whether IDE or SATA - in external enclosure kits.  If you have an organic SATA port free, you can readily mount an internal SATA HDD in a SATA enclosure with the delightful aspect of having your system regard it as an internal HDD despite its location and its independent power supply.

EP
Cry

First,
  I want to say thank you very much for everyons help
Second,
   It is unfortunate that I could not get Ghost V9.0 To work even with Reatogo. At this point after spending so much time and over 10 cdr's on the right software I am not sure what went wrong. I hate to admit defeat but at this point I feel that I should look at another solution.

Third = Solution

So I went to staples and purchased:
Western Digital Essential 250GB
WD 250G EXRERNAL 119.98
110% Price Guarantee $89.98 -32.99
SUBTOTAL 86.99
Staples Coupon -15.00

TOTAL $71.99
And $40 Rebate
Final total $31.06

Solution Continued
     Now this is what I plan, booting with the Ghost Cd, Getting it to support this USB 2.0 Hard drive and backing up this windows setup. The pitfall is that my old Ghost V9.0 had the version of windows that was untouched by anything. So my options on this are as follows

A.      Actually restore that image onto this backup drive.
   B.      Make a new backup with my current settings on the backup drive with Ghost v2003.

So what do you think?

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #24 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 4:16pm

Is it worth asking Symantec for a replacement Ghost 9 CD? A working CD would solve your dilemma.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print