Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Seagate Discwizard Isues and BartPE (Read 69029 times)
Tator
Technoluster

I Love Radified!

Re: Seagate Discwizard Isues and BartPE
Reply #30 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 4:17pm

Discwizard 11 is the last version that comes with the BartPE plugin, but the plugin is not installed by default.  You need to check the box to include the plugin during Discwizard install for it to be included.  Then download and install the BartPE Builder from http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/. All that's left to do is to run BartPE Builder and include the BartPE plugin for Discwizard.  You may also include plugins for Nero Burning ROM or other utilities you may have if you wish.  Hope this helps.

IP Logged

lemur
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #31 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 11:11am

Hey Tator

Following that website you linked I got through most of it, I had some problems with being on Windows 7 but accordingly then extracted my old WXPSP1.iso and pointed the prompts to that, etc, and then from back on a previous post of yours I had to figure out how/where you then placed your complete Seagate Folder with BartPE into the pebuilder3110a/Plugin folder to be able to see it on PE Builders Plugin tab as a Yes, and that finally worked.
I then clicked the Build button on PE Builder and let it burn a CD of the .iso and booted it, it booted as it said Starting BartPE... the Windows XP screen came up (haven't see that logo in a while) but then came the blue screen and stop errors 0x0000007B, etc... and so I imagine here is where I have to go back and read up more and possibly put in my specific MB Storage drivers and/or Whatever other drivers in place? I have an SSD, etc, I bet all that should prove to be a p.i.t.a?  I have a pretty new computer setup.
I'll come back the end of next week to play more, I'll be out of town for about 10 days or so... Thank you for your reply Tator!

Edit:
I came back to this post to say afterwards I placed the network driver and storage driver in the right folders but still get the same blue screen and stop error when I boot the CD it makes. (log file had no errors either)
Is there a standard SATA driver I can use instead of mine, because my new Intel MB has Marvel but also has other storage drives which I think come stock in Windows 7.  I thought I saw somewhere they was a universal SATA driver to use all around for this.  I think that's where the blue screen is coming from, but can't say for sure ..gotta run

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #32 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 4:16am

@
lemur

In Bart PE, are you using the WinXP AHCI driver for your MB storage controller. The Win7 driver is the wrong one.

IP Logged

lemur
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #33 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 7:03am

Yes WXP Pro is listed for the Marvel driver I put in the SCSIAdapter folder. The file was "1.2.0.1019_Floppy32.zip" of which I 'unzipped' that in there.

Also for that Net folder I assume it's for Network drivers and I assume that means LAN drivers right? ... and so yes here too I 'extracted' the PROWinXP_32_18.3.exe into that folder; the exe was the only driver available and so I just extracted it there

fwiw I only placed those two drivers so far but I don't need Network or LAN access for this, so I don't think I even need the LAN drivers right? ..but I put them there anyway.
No errors in the log file before CD burn anyway

Are there any other drivers that I am suppose to create folders for in there too?

For instance my MB (DZ77BH-55K) has CPU onboard Graphics Intel HD4000 but if I can see the blue screen and all that then it must be fine.

When booting the CD that the PE Builder makes and then after the WXP logo goes by and soon thereafter:
The blue screen stop error is
0x0000007B (0XF78D6528, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)
Looking in the Bios is set in AHCI mode as well

fyi I'll be out of town away from this computer and so will not have 'hands on' for at least 6 or 7 days. Thanks

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #34 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 3:43pm

@
lemur

If you are getting a BSOD you are not using the correct drivers. You must use the "floppy, Press F6" drivers, not the installable drivers. Do your drivers include an .inf file?

IP Logged

Tator
Technoluster

I Love Radified!

Reply #35 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 4:28pm

Is all your hardware pretty new?  I recently experienced the blue screen issue with any WinXP CD or BartPE CD when trying to boot to an older PATA optical drive on 2 different systems using PCI IDE adapter because my systems have no onboard IDE controller.  One of the adapters has VIA chipset, and the other has Silicon Image chipset.  I was able to get the Silicon Image adapter drive to boot normally by slipstreaming a WinXP CD including the floppy drivers for the adapter, but the system with the VIA adapter still gives the blue screen after including the VIA floppy drivers for that adapter.  VIA drivers are known to have issues with optical drives while Silicon Image usually work with no problems.

You may have a similar issue if you are running any older hardware on a newer system.  FYI you can use Discwizard 13 version and create a Discwizard boot disk albeit not a BartPE CD if you're unable to get the BartPE to work.  Also vLite may be used to slipstream Vista or Win7 disks if you need to include drivers on a DVD for Win7.   

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #36 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 4:44pm

@
lemur

You drivers should look like this...

Capture_002.PNG (5 KB | 778 )
Capture_002.PNG

IP Logged

lemur
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #37 - Sep 7th, 2014 at 9:29am

Thank you for the replies,

Brian yes my drivers are very similar to your screenshot.
I would use the F6 method somehow if I was installing WXP and had a floppy but since I'm not installing XP but am on Windows 7 and using the BartPE method taking WXP from my iso of it, then how is using the F6 method apply here Brian as you must of had a reason for mentioning it? I have a new i7 setup with the latest MB as mentioned, and so floppy connectors on my MB are non-existent (unless I used a usb floppy)

After reading Tator's last post of ideas but before leaving out of town yesterday I thought since I myself had one on the shelf was to plug in and try and boot my 6 yr old Intel P-4 Desktop build with the boot CD I just made and surprised I was - it booted the BartPE I created with PE Builder just fine.  Then I decided so I also walked over to the wife's 7 yr old intel Laptop and again surprised and happy it booted up fine with that too.  It just wont boot my latest i7 build yet,  but as Brian says I'm sure I just need the right combination of drivers, or might even be the built in HD4000 graphics chip too don't know yet?  My MB is unique though since it incorporates 2 built in Motherboard Controllers onboard, as mentioned one being a Marvel and the other Intel, and so surmise need to be sure I include both drivers since I have HD's plugged into each. If I can't enter my Storage drivers in via the drivers folder which I don't see why not?  ...then perhaps as you say Tator I can slipstream them in but would I use nLite instead of vLite?

On another note first, I noticed when booted to the BartPE I created with PE Builder, yes A43 and the standards included with it work nicely, but from the 'Go' button I can't find where my DiscWizard is listed to run that? Where's it suppose to be listed? It's not there!  Tator, what did you do when you created your Seagate plugin folder when you copied things to your C:\pebuilder\plugins folder....? Did you just copy the entire Seagate folder with its installed Plugin right from the Programs folder 'as is' ? ..is what it looks like you said you did reading your post in Reply #10 here?  Doing it that way for me DW does not show up on the boot disk it seems even though as I said there was a Yes in the Plugin tab.  If you would please detail it again exactly what is your folder structure of the folder you made in C:\pebuilder\plugins\..... for DiscWizard to work?   Please detail so I can see exactly where & what you did.  I want to see DiscWizard show up in my bootable BartPE too.  (realize being out of town away from my home computer right now so I'm going by memory of my specific folder addresses I typed; and also won't be able to 'hands on' test again till I get home end of the week, but still have internet access here and edited this post for wording)

IP Logged

Tator
Technoluster

I Love Radified!

Reply #38 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 6:28pm

Use nLite for slipstreaming XP, and use vLite for slipstreaming Vista or Win7.  Be sure to use XP drivers and not Win7 drivers for the XP CD.  Also check whether the new system supports XP because no system will boot XP if it's not supported.  Close to a year ago I upgraded to a system that only supports XP or later Windows and will not boot Win2k or Win98 that I had been multi-booting with the previous system

I didn't copy the entire Seagate folder, just the PartPE folder which is a sub folder of Discwizard.  Once the plugin is included and CD created, the Discwizard program will be under Storage in the Start Menu (Go button) if I recall correctly.  However, if you had a Yes for the Discwizard plugin, it probably was included in the build and should be in the same location on the BartPE CD, i.e. under Go\Storage\Discwizard if memory serves.

Edit:  Just booted my BartPE CD to learn my recall was incorrect about location of Discwizard on the CD because it's in the same location as A43 (Go\Programs\A43), i.e. Go\Programs\SeagateDiscWizard

IP Logged

lemur
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #39 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 10:18am

That day last week I literally had walked out the door leaving town 5 minutes after I made my PE Builder BartPE CD, and in those 5 minutes I thought I had looked on every tab there was but never saw it, but upon getting home today and booting the CD again and now looking more closely, yes I see DiscWizard is listed off of the 'System' tab - of which in a hurry that day I never thought to check it there I was more looking off the Programs tab. Anyway for my CD and USB it's listed at: Go> System> Storage> Seagate DiscWizard

Besides it booting up the p4's last week, today I also finally got my new i7 to boot with PE Builders BartPE as well, I had to search and find a compatible Storage driver for my MB Controller that "also supported WXP" which Intel did not have anything listed on my MB download page supporting WXP, and so searching the internet I came up with something, was this file "32bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL.7z" I extracted and put it in the drivers folder, clicked the Build button and created a CD, then booted it and no more blue screen, it worked! (Brian I didn't need to use the F6 method but I now have seen where that opportunity is; fyi the files that extracted are the same as your screenshot just without any .txt file)  Anyway DiscWizard works fine testing/creating a backup.tib and it was fast too.  Network drivers also worked fine of which I could see the other computers on my home network.

I also created a USB bootable flash stick following Bart's advice using his pe2usb.txt and pe2usb files that are already included in the pebuilder3110a.exe install folder, and it worked well and of course USB boots so much faster than CD. Here using the USB boot opening DiscWizard I made a backup partition image with that too, was also fast, created a backup image of a 33 GB Windows 7 OS partition in 3 minutes flat.  Anyway now I have both a bootable CD and USB of this particular DiscWizard BartPE build that I wanted to have in my growing WinPE toolkit and is the reason I first posted. Mission Accomplished.

Nice job, and a fun learning exercise.
Thank you for your help Tator & Brian, I appreciate your posts willing to be of help, albeit was for an older programs cause. 

IP Logged

Tator
Technoluster

I Love Radified!

Reply #40 - Sep 12th, 2014 at 12:32pm

Be sure to "Validate" all Discwizard images created.  Only once in the many Discwizard images I've created did an image fail to Validate, and I simply recreated the image which did Validate.  Image restore will fail on any image that fails to Validate.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print