Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Ghost does not see my USB hard drive (Read 20791 times)
TheShadow
Kahuna

Old Ghost user!

Florida, USA

Re: Ghost does not see my USB hard drive
Reply #15 - Oct 27th, 2008 at 10:50am

I don't know if this little tip will ever help anyone or not, but I found it by just 'tinkering' with Ghost when it apparently did not see my CD drive.

I like using my PS2 mouse with Ghost 2003 (or above), but I recently had this problem with the mouse NOT being able to scroll down the drive list to see the CD drive at the bottom of the list and below the lower edge of the drive window.

I thought I was loosing my mind.  I knew the drive was there and that Ghost should see it,,,,so what to do?

Well, to make a long story short, I let go of the mouse and went to my up and down cursor keys on my keyboard and VOILA I was able to scroll down the drive list below the lower edge of the drive window and sure nuff, there was my CD drive and I was able to continue making my Ghost backup to my CD/DVD drive.

Why the mouse would not allow me to scroll down that list is beyond me, but now I know NOT to rely on it completely.

Good Luck,
The Shadow  Cool

IP Logged

Wakenaam
Dude

Better to light a candle
than curse the darkness

Reply #16 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 10:58am

Friends: Out of frustration, I tried another software to clone my hard drive to a USB external drive, which worked but took more than 4 hours. I still believe in GHOST.  GHOST is the best for speed. I am up to my neck with tinkering with the files on my Ghost #1 floppy to get it to work. Could someone send me a link or by e-mail of the files on the #1 floppy which would see my USB HDD? Thanks a lot pals.

IP Logged

TheShadow
Kahuna

Old Ghost user!

Florida, USA

Reply #17 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 1:13pm

Sir,
It's frustrating for me, because I can't supply you with ANY USB drivers.
On my two computers, one seven years old and one 1.5 years old, I've NEVER had any problem with Ghost seeing anything that's plugged into my PC.  I've NEVER had to use any drivers or switches to get Ghost 2003, 8.3 or 11.5 to do exactly what I want it to do.
I guess someone UP THERE loves me. Wink Grin Grin Grin

I guess I'd have to blame your motherboard for all your problems.

Good Luck to you!
OH, and Happy Halloween!

Shadow  Cool

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print