Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Norton Ghost 12 remote computer problems (Read 47318 times)
aplados
Gnarly

I Love Radified!

Augusta Georgia

Re: Norton Ghost 12 remote computer problems
Reply #30 - May 21st, 2007 at 12:01am

I'll let you know how it goes.

IP Logged

aplados
Gnarly

I Love Radified!

Augusta Georgia

Reply #31 - May 21st, 2007 at 1:27am

2048 mb's.  Maybe that's why.  It seems as if the pebuilder is just trying to find the file (snapshot) on the hard drive.  At least when I clicked snapshot it gave me option to restore but I think it was the image on the hard drive.  I don't see any option in pebuilder to restore from CD.  

I did try to use Nero and burn in the mode you stated but it did not work for the snapshot file.  Here is the message Nero gave me.

"the backup file is larger than 2GB and therefore cannot be stored in an ISO file system.  Please use the UDF file system to write such large files.  This can be done by selecting another complication type."

If that is the case, does that mean that I would have to maybe put 2 backup files under 2GB's and burn to 2 cd's?

Just one snapshot file now 3,387,291 kb

Could you explain how this is all going to come together.  The restore process using the cd's?

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #32 - May 21st, 2007 at 2:30am

Quote:
Here is the message Nero gave me.

I misjudged the file size. Just use the UDF mode from Nero and it will burn 2024 MB files. In fact UDF mode will burn a 3,387,291 kb file too.

It seems you are trying to image from BartPE. It won't work because your SnapShot has expired. You can restore but not image. That's why I suggested a fresh download.

To restore the image from DVDs. First, copy the 3,387,291 kb file on the DVD, or the two "2024" MB files, to your desktop computer. Boot the laptop to BartPE and use the SnapShot plugin to restore the C: drive over the network from the image stored on the desktop computer.

Even easier, if you have a single DVD then you can restore from BartPE without using the network. With the DVD in the laptop optical drive.

IP Logged

aplados
Gnarly

I Love Radified!

Augusta Georgia

Reply #33 - May 21st, 2007 at 4:44am

I wrote one using UDF mode and it's ok.  However, when I put the pe in it boots up.  I press the drive snapshot and it comes up asking me to restore a file.  then location.  each and everytime it get's hung there.  Maybe because I don't know what I'm doing.  At that point when it asks for the location of the file, I take the pe disk out and insert the snapshot disk in and that where it hangs up.  Have to press the off button on the laptop.  I also tried it on desktop and gets hung there too.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #34 - May 21st, 2007 at 5:42am

Sorry. I forgot you can't remove the BartPE CD and then insert the DVD. You will have to do the restore over the BartPE network. My first procedure in Post #32. Or use an external HD.

Do you have plain BartPE or ReatogoXPE?

IP Logged

aplados
Gnarly

I Love Radified!

Augusta Georgia

Reply #35 - May 22nd, 2007 at 12:56am

I downloaded the link that you put in the post.
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/
All this is fine if you are the one doing the restore on your own systems but I did mention earlier that I would have liked a cd backup of the entire system because I was selling it and for me to try and explain all that to them would be silly.  But thanks anyways.  I'll look for some other programs that will do the job as Norton Ghost 12 does not do the trick.  And I have no floppy or dvd writer on the laptop.  Don't know if there is anything out there but worth a look.

Only other way I know how to do this is partition the drive and put the restore file on it and use one of the older Ghosts but I really don't want to go that route.

Which one of the Norton Ghosts can you create a bootup disk with a cd writer instead of a floppy?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print